Your MTPL insurance
When you have to pay for someone else's damage after a traffic accident we are close to you, both in Romania and abroad, as agreed in Green Card Convention. Be cautious and get the mandatory MTPL insurance.
- individuals for covering the damages caused to third parties as a result of an insured car accident, both in Romania, and abroad, according to the Green Card Convention.
Object of insurance :
Cars registered in Romania: definitively, provisory or temporary
Vehicles registered in Romania: trams , trolley buses, mopeds , propelled machinery used for: construction, agriculture, forestry tractors, not subject to registration.
The risks covered under the legislation are:
- Property damage , personal injury or death caused to third parties due to the fault of the insured
- Damage due to lack of use of the damaged vehicle
- The legal costs incurred by the injured person
Limits of indemnity :
For the year 2013:
- For property damage - 1.000.000 EUR / event;
- For bodily injury and death - 5.000.000 EUR / event.
Period of insurance:
6 /12 months
Payment of insurance premium :
Advantages and benefits
MTPL is not just obligation and responsibility. You need to make sure that if the other driver has suffered a damage he is compensated . Otherwise, he can sue you in court to recover the losses.
Need to know!
Deductible is a fixed amount or percentage of the claim or the insured amount covered by the insured. Opting for deductible lowers the premium.
Motor TPL regress is a facility offered to the Motor Hull customers, when responsible for the accident is another identified vehicle driver, having a valid MTPL insurance. The compensation will be based on own Motor Hull insurance and the insurance company will make further efforts to recover the amount from the insurer of the other driver.
Tips and trick
On the way home or if travelling in summer or winter, safety is the number one priority. And if you take every precaution, you can relax and you can hit the road.
Abroad, each country has its own legislation, a radar detector can be a legal device only within the boundaries of a particular country, so inform yourself and plan your trip carefully.
- Documents that you must carry with you all times in that country
- Required equipment
- Prohibited equipment
- The maximum speed on the roads
- Drinking and driving
- Sanctions: fines, license suspension
For drivers, winter is the most difficult season, snow, fog, ice turn traffic into a real challenge.
- Check the condition of the winter tires, in order to be prepared with some appropriate ones for weather conditions to come
- If you haven’t learned by now, it is advisable to know how to change a wheel
- Complete your winter package with a set of chains
- Replace the windshield fluid with a low temperature resistant product
- Make sure your car battery is in good condition, but buy a set of charging cables
- Check the lights and keep in the car a set of bulbs to replace those burned
- Use ant freezing liquid to prevent locks from blocking with ice
- Prepare a winter package that includes : flashlight and spare batteries , shovel , scraper , tow rope , windshield de-icing liquid , gloves, blanket , water
- Do not forget the mandatory auto package ( extinguisher , first aid kit , warning triangle, reflective vest)