Insurance for stem cells
The insurance for medical interventions with stem cells targets the parents who want to benefit by a financial support in case in which a family member would need transplant with stem cells collected at birth.
Insured: the person whose health is covered by the policy - any person included in the insurance categories - main or additional - ( who have hematopoietic stem cells and / or mesenchymal harvested at birth, stored in a specialized bank) and provides additional (mother, father, brothers or sisters on the main insured)
Object of insurance:
The cost of the medical services (including hospitalization) for:
- Pre-transplant tests and procedures (including treatment for side effects of the conditioning process (chemo and radiotherapy);
- Transplant made to the main insured person or to additional insured ones (mother, father, brothers or sisters of the insured) with their stem cells collected at birth or with stem cells taken from other donors;
- Treatment of the side effects/complications that may occur after transplantation, but no later than 12 months from the transplantation.
Expenses with the accommodation/transport in the sublime of 3,500 euro per insured period:
- expenses with the transport (with medication/without medication) for the insured and a companion;
- expenses with the accommodation of a companion (on the period of treatment and transplant made in another location than the residency).
Period of insurance:
1 – 20 years
Payment of the insurance premium:
You can choose the payment installment: Integral or with a maximum of 4 installments
Advantages and Benefits:
- Extended coverage for the expenses which aren’t included in the national health plan.
- Extended protection also for the family members.
- 15th days grace period for the maturity date payment, the insurance being in force.
Need to know!
Stem-hematopoietic cells: stem cells collected from the blood of the umbilical cord.
Stem-mesenchyme cells: stem cells collected from the tissue of the umbilical cord.
Indemnity due: the amount of money owed by OMNIASIG VIG as a result of producing the events insured through the policy.
Tips and tricks
7 advices for a healthy life
- Make 10 minutes of exercises each morning.
- Provide your body with the necessary liquids.
- Have a healthy diet.
- Don’t forget about the regular analysis.
- Take care about your resting time.
- Diversify your day activities.
- Smile and laugh more.